There are many key benefits of using a Buyer’s Agent including saving you money, expert market knowledge, access to off market opportunities and reducing your stress levels. This month however we focus on one of the biggest key benefits, saving you time.
There are over 9.6 million properties in Australia. Finding one that ticks all the boxes is extremely time consuming. Canvassing online real estate platforms, shortlisting, inspections, speaking with agents, completing pricing research and due dillgence, attending auctions.
At Property Way, we are experts in the field and typically spend between 30-40 hours on each client acquisition. For an everyday person who does not have the same knowledge base this could blow out to 60-80 hours and significantly more if looking to buy interstate.
Our purchaser came to us as she wanted to purchase an investment property and as a single mum with a successful career simply did not have the time to work out where she should be buying let alone find a property to purchase.
Time is a common reason (or excuse!) we get from clients as to why they haven’t started or added to their investment portfolio. More often than not this reasoning carries on for years and years as property prices continue to increase.
Our client signed off on their PW created strategy and within 5 weeks we had secured a property for them interstate and exchanged contracts.
- Single income earner
- One dependant
- Business owner
- No existing property assets however have owned property in the past
- Currently renting and wish to continue to do so
- Can afford $100-$150 per week to put towards new investment property
- Would like to acquire another property within 12 months
- Substantial savings
- Comfortable investing interstate
- Time poor
- Low holding cost important but not critical
- Low ongoing expenses (i.e. maintenance etc.) as clients are time poor
- Townhouse or house in North of Brisbane where yields are stronger and affordability is better
- Balance of cash flow and growth
- 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house
- 597m2 block
- Painted/freshened up within last 10 years
- 1km from local shopping centre
- Surrounded by primary and high schools
- 550m from public transport access
- Expected rental return of between $550-$580
This house was originally listed at $580,000 and we were able to secure it for $565,000.
The agreed purchase price was originally $570,000 however after additional negotiations once the building and pest report came back we were able to reduce the purchase price by a further $5,000 which was a great result for our client.
A big congratulations to our client for kick starting her property portfolio again and to the PW team.